POSITION SUMMARY: The Acute staff CENA is a technical practitioner who functions as a care giver. The CENA will assist the nursing staff in implementing the plan of care by providing direct patient care, as determined and delegated by the RN. The staff CENA is committed to the promotion of patient satisfaction and a positive public image by communicating in a polite, tactful and professional manner with patients, families, visitors and co-workers.
POSITION HOURS: Casual position with variable hours.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a certified nursing assistant course.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Current CENA certification in the State of Michigan. Current BLS certification required.
EXPERIENCE: None required. One year medical/surgical experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain sensitive, confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Friendly, personal demeanor
- Ability to respond to the needs of patients and families as directed by the RN and/or Nurse Manager
- Ability to cope with family’s emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles
- Knowledge of all patient age group needs
To apply for this job please visit marletteregionalhospital.org.