Hospice Referral Intake Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible as a member of the United Hospice Service team for development, implementation and maintenance of medical records, and office support consistent with United Hospice Service policies and procedures. Responsible for the collection of demographic, financial, and clinical information relating to the admission of a patient into hospice services. Secures all regulated signatures by medical staff.
POSITION HOURS: Casual, Day shift position.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree in Office Management or Administrative Assistant preferred.
CERTIFICATION: Administrative Assistant Certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years previous secretarial or office experience, preferably in a home care/hospice setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work in a timely manner with accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrated ability to respond well to supervision and to work independently when appropriate
- Able to prioritize work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated excellence with communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful and delicate situations with tact, diplomacy, attention to their importance, and understanding of responsibility involved
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with people
- Excellent computer knowledge and proficient in use of Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel, along with other PC Networks
To apply for this job please visit marletteregionalhospital.org.