INPATIENT CARE & SWING BED PROGRAM
Marlette Regional Hospital’s recently renovated acute care (inpatient) unit can accommodate 25 patients that require daily nursing care following an illness, surgery or visit to the ER.
During your stay, our acute care team may consist of a doctor, physician assistant, nurse, nursing assistant, therapists, social worker, and other health care professionals, depending on your individual needs.
Swing Bed Program
The swing bed program at Marlette Regional Hospital is a federally approved program enabling small, rural hospitals to provide 24-hour skilled nursing care. The swing bed program allows for patients to transition or “swing” from an acute level of care to a skilled nursing or rehabilitation level of care. This stay at the hospital allows for additional healing time before returning to everyday life.
Swing beds at Marlette Regional Hospital are located within the acute care unit and care is provided by our experienced physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapist, speech therapist, dietitians, and social workers.
Who Qualifies for Swing Bed Care?
- Patients who have Medicare Part A insurance with benefit days available and have had a 3-day qualifying inpatient hospital stay within the last 30 days.
- Patients who have Medicare Advantage Plan and have prior authorization.
- Patients that have a skilled care need.
- Patients whose health care provider has approved the stay.
Who Benefits from Swing Bed Care?
- Patients with rehabilitation needs after a stroke or following orthopedic, vascular, or abdominal surgeries.
- Patients with debilitation/weakness requiring daily physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy.
- Patients receiving IV medication therapy.
- Patients with non-healing wounds or wounds requiring daily evaluation and treatment.
- Patients with decreased strength and mobility related to an acute medical condition following a qualifying inpatient hospital stay now requiring skilled nursing care, and/or daily physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy.
Contact Us for Inpatient and Swing Bed Services
Phone: 989-635-4100 or 989-635-1894