Referral Specialist MA
Marlette Regional Hospital
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing routine referrals and prior authorizations for the healthcare offices. Developing a relationship with the payers and understands the process for accurate and timely referrals and prior authorizations. Must be very organized, have great communication skills, and follow through. Keeps the office staff and the patient informed of status using the computer and the patient portal for messaging, etc. Phone etiquette will be a requirement and expectation of the referral specialist. The ability to problem solve and navigate the health system will be beneficial. Very customer oriented and provide excellent customer service as appropriate.
POSITION HOURS: 40 hour position and 24 hour position available- Day shift.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma and Medical Assistant certification
REGISTRY/CERTIFICATION: MA certification or registration
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years experience, preferably advanced skills in referrals and prior authorizations
- Knowledgeable and efficient with eClinicalWorks (computer systems)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology
- Familiarity with healthcare systems, regulations, policies, and functions
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates maturity and the ability to establish good rapport with patients, the public and staff
- Computer and data entry experience necessary; Microsoft Office a plus
To apply for this job please visit marletteregionalhospital.org.