Marlette Regional Hospital
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the planning, executing, directing and evaluating direct and indirect nursing care given to the surgical patient. This nursing care ranges from preoperative intervention on to postoperative evaluation. It is a practice designed to meet a patient’s needs through the nursing process, ensuring continuity of care during the surgical experience.
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours/week- 8 am-6:30 pm
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN Preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Current RN licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of Michigan. BLS certification required. ACLS and Pals certification required or must obtain within six months of hire.
EXPERIENCE: Two years nursing experience on an acute care/med surg floor or one year experience in a Critical Care Area, ie ER, OR, ICU preferred. Circulating, PAT and Perioperative experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Patient’s Rights
- Familiar with basic nursing performance standards outlined in the Michigan Nurse Practice Act
- Flexibility to train to all RN roles in the OR department, OPS, PAT, PACU, Circulating Nurse
- Knowledge of and ability to deliver conscience sedation
- Demonstrated ability to interpret Rhythm Strips and respond accordingly
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; friendly and professional demeanor.
- Computer experience necessary
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://marletteregionalhospital.org/apply-online?x=OR RN&y=OR →