United Hospice Service
Since 1983, United Hospice Service, a non-profit hospice program based in Marlette, Michigan, has been working to serve our communities by providing expert hospice care to our family, friends, and neighbors. What started as a group of caring volunteers that served a couple of patients at a time, has grown to serve over 200 patients per year.
United Hospice Service specializes in care during the last stage of life that allows patients to truly live until they die—without the fear of dying in pain, dying alone, or losing control. When a disease or illness cannot be cured, our goal is to treat and control symptoms such as pain or nausea.
We are a team of professionally trained health care providers and specially trained volunteers focused on putting our patients first. We work in partnership with you and your family, serving as your advocate, to ensure that your end-of-life decisions are followed.
The United Hospice Service Difference
United Hospice Service is unique. We not only want to meet your needs…we want to exceed your expectations. We offer the following advantages, above and beyond the required hospice guidelines:
- United Hospice Service is a non-profit organization that gives back to the communities it serves. As a non-profit hospice, United Hospice Service is able to keep caregiver to patient ratios high and focus on providing services based on patient and family needs.
- Local registered nurses are certified in hospice care by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association.
- Certified nurse assistants help with personal care such as bathing, dressing, and light housekeeping.
- Admissions can occur 24 hours a day, every day (including the same day as a hospital discharge).
- Medications related to a terminal illness are paid for by United Hospice Service and are delivered to the patient’s home.
- Services available to people wherever they call “home,” including adult foster care and extended care facilities.
- We provide pediatric hospice care services.
- We have an extensive network of volunteers.
- Hospice at home is provided in the following counties: Sanilac, Huron, Tuscola, St. Clair, and Lapeer.
- United Hospice Service also has a Hospice Residence located in Marlette, Michigan. There are six private suites for those who are unable to stay in their home setting.
United Hospice Service Residence
2770 Main Street, P.O. Box 307, Marlette, MI 48453
United Hospice Service Office
MRH East Campus
2861 Main Street, Marlette, MI 48453
Hours: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.