Marlette Regional Hospital Foundation Celebrates Record-Setting Tree of Shining Love ~ The Marlette Regional Hospital (MRH) Foundation would like to thank supporters of the 30th Anniversary Tree of Shining Love. Thanks to the support and generosity of 179 donors, 36 sponsors, and 1 major donor, this year’s event was a record-setter netting nearly $50,000 for a first impressions exterior upgrade project at Marlette Regional Hospital and its four rural health clinics.
The MRH Foundation’s Tree of Shining Love event provides a unique, annual opportunity for the public to honor the special people in their lives while supporting local health care services. Those honored and memorialized were recognized in a special presentation at the Tree of Shining Love Ceremony on December 2nd and will be featured in local forms of media the week of Christmas.
On behalf of the MRH Foundation, we would like to thank the following sponsors:
• Gold Star Sponsor: Gordon & Gayle Miller Foundation.
• Tree Sponsors: Anderson Trucking, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, and Lotus Schultz in memory of Ralph Schultz.
• Poinsettia Sponsors: Astec Asphalt, Inc., Grupo Antolin, Oetiker, Inc., Kohler’s Propane Co. in memory of Bob Kohler, Kenneth & Sandra McCoy in memory of Frank McCoy, Marsh Children ~ Linda, Jackie, Connie, Debra & Randy in memory of Thelma I. Marsh, and The Scott Orr Family in memory of Elliot Preston Orr & Lloyd Preston Orr.
• Hospitality Sponsors: Agri-Valley Services & Thumb Cellular, CBM Services, Inc., Cros-Lex FOE Aerie #4465, Managed Care Partners, Inc., Marlette Roofing & Sheet Metal Co., Men of Steel, Inc. in memory of Teri (Hull) Schell, Northrop Trucking Inc., SEMCO ENERGY, Leo J. Sullivan in memory of Lucille Sullivan, Tri-County Bank, and Value Midwest in memory of Linda Williams.
• Program Sponsors: Anderson, Tuckey, Bernhardt & Doran, P.C., Beagio’s Pizza of Marlette in memory of James Gierman, Chemical Bank, Janice C. Diebolt in memory of Marian Kohler, Drillock Law Firm in memory of William Drillock, Farmland Tile Drainage Inc. in memory of Patricia Izydorek, Lois Harneck in memory of Ron Harneck, Anne Kohler in memory of Leo Kohler, Oncology/Hemotology Associates of Saginaw Valley, P.C., St. Pius X11 Knights of Columbus 4693, Daniel M. Sullivan in memory of Clare Lefler, Joseph N. Valentin, D.D.S. in memory of James Avery, D.D.S., Ida Wadsworth in memory of Sherry Hooper, and Mr. & Mrs. R. Grant Wilson.
• In-Kind Sponsors: Mary Anderson and North Branch Bakery.
The Marlette Regional Hospital Foundation would like to thank the Gordon & Gayle Miller Foundation for their exceptionally generous $30,000 contribution to this year’s event.
For more information about the Tree of Shining Love, please call the MRH Foundation at 989-635-4011.
Photo: The Marlette Regional Hospital Foundation would like to thank and recognize the Gordon & Gayle Miller Foundation for their generous $30,000 contribution to the 30th Anniversary Tree of Shining Love. Pictured above is (left to right) MRH Foundation & Marketing Manager Sara Redman, MRH CEO Dan Babcock, Gordon Miller, and MRH Foundation Development Council Chairman Terry Haske.